2.24.2012

Visions of Paradise

So I'll try a little harder next time
Under the terms that you remind
Me the distance left between those skinny lines
Of thoughts and tides
Of just how long it takes to reach the other side

You have promised a life ripe with forgiveness
But you wont show me any faces or names
You have left me to fall back to my senses
It's all the same it's all the same it's all the same

And once again you've gone and passed off the torch
Just like you've done so many times before
And over and over in your head you feel it's a means to an end
But you're just starting fires
You're always starting fires

You have promised a life ripe with forgiveness
But you wont show me any faces or names
You have left me to fall back to my senses
It's all the same it's all the same it's all the same

This place is like a watering hole
But its dried and no one really knows where to go

And there's nothing I fear more than an ache
Its only there to let you know that you've aged

And now everything has left but the moon
And its reflected light has done more than proved

That this life I've found cannot be described
Because no one ever really knows what it's like

And no sweat and blood can convince me now
That there's anything better around

I haven't looked at anyone since
You've found me and that's where I've been

So I'll try a little harder next time
Under the terms that you remind
Me the distance left between those skinny lines
Of thoughts and tides
Of just how long it takes to reach the other side

You have promised a life ripe with forgiveness
But you wont show me any faces or names
You have left me to fall back to my senses
It's all the same it's all the same it's all the same
It's all the same it's all the same it's all the same


I wrote this two years ago - somehow can't seem to capture the right feeling when I'm recording it.

No comments: