2.23.2012

Moonrise

But it was never enough
You asked for inches so I gave you miles
And as the subtle sense of urgency subsides
You're left trying to rid the ocean of its tides

I never asked for this
I'm terrified
I never wanted it all
It's too much
But not enough
It's not right

But it was never enough
You asked for minutes so I gave you hours
And as the subtle sense of love with me subsides
You're left trying to sift the sand between the tides

I never asked for this
With pictures painted far ahead the only way to really go was down
I never wanted it all
Well past the stage of disappointment all we ever needed was a breath
Of fresh air
Of naivety
Of novelties and subtleties
Of sitting on the edges of our chairs

But it was never enough
You asked for inches so I gave you miles
And as the subtle sense of urgency subsides
You're left trying to rid the ocean of its tides
You're left trying to rid the ocean of its tides.

Can't stop singing this one.

No comments: