11.23.2008

I know I know, it's been two and a half months... I'M A VERY BUSY PERSON!

People have came and people have gone.
I'm almost done with this crazy adventure and soon enough I'll be back to where things are decently priced and I can go to the grocery store whenever the hell I please.


Mom's here; she leaves tomorrow. 
We just got back from Venice: holy damn that place is amazing.  I wouldn't want to have spent any more time there then we did (just under two days) but the time spent was quite nice.


Again, here's some pictures to tie you over until I have a big enough computer screen to arrange things properly.

New Image

PB150157

PB150181

PB150286

PB170385

PB180428

PB190431

PB210530

PB230647

PB230659

I became obsessed with using camera timers when Mom was here.  We have lots and lots of examples:

Inside Florence Cathedral

PB170393

On The Bridge of Four Seasons

PB180424

In the "JJ Cathedral" bar

PB170398

St Marks cathedral in Venice

PB220577

The Venetian Guggenheim front porch

PB230604 

Needless to say I'm satisfied.

 

Art History class has proven to be a hotbed of lyrical inspirations tossed out by our crazy teacher Rolph.  Here's some examples:

"If you'll excuse the way I look astray
You'll find the desire I contract
I see right through this muddy water
I know I want what I can't have

You still place her high up like a god
Her modest feelings held within
The rapture with this classical style
With a few drinks we all fall out of our skin"

"Six billion years of people
With one place to hold them all
The suburbs are sprawling, the parking lots filled
But we're runnin' out of clouds"

"And she whispered
   Forget what you've been taught
   Forget what you've learned
   Allow your mind to be reborn

And I screamed
   Well I forgot it all
   Every single word
   All that I thought I'd ever known

She stole my soul."

 

Just some little licks that I can't wait to sing with theneverends when I get home.

See you all soon... Very soon.

2 comments:

Jess said...

ive got a talented pal yes i do

Jess said...

i remember your mom & miss her.

i also remember that print well.